[Asterisk-Users] Changing caller ID based on the extension dialled?

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Thu Jan 6 05:22:43 MST 2005

Hi list!

I am going to install an intercom module for our home. The intercom can
cater for 3 doors where people can ring the doorbell and the unit can
also remotely open the door (Siedle system).

It would be nice however to know that you are opening the right door or at
which door the people are ringing.

For each door I am able to program a different extension that will be
dialled. Can I have asterisk change the Caller ID that will be displayed
on the phone based on the extension that is dialled? The call will always
be from one telephone line(extension) so this is no option.

I want it like this:

Door:		Extension dialled	Phone display (CID)
Front		301			Front door (or 301)
Garden		302		 	Garden door (or 302)
Gate		303			Gate

I guess that this is the opposite of what Caller ID was meant for but it
would suit the job that well :)

Thanks!!