[Asterisk-Users] Re: Polycom IP500 - problems with multiple simultaneous calls

Tor Setane Tor.Setane at ella.no
Thu Jan 6 02:08:35 MST 2005

Wed, 5 Jan 2005 19:51:05 -0500 Noah Miller wrote:
> Hi All -
>
> I've got a load of Polycom phones, and for the most part, I think
> they're great, but one thing that is bugging the heck out of me (and my
> users) is the "on-hold" feature.  When you're on a call, and another
> one comes in, it doesn't ring the second line appearance on the phone,
> even though I have it registered separately, and I've tried to make my
> dialplan go to the second appearance/registration.  Instead, the second
> call rings on the first line, and allows you to put the first call on
> hold, and take the second call.  To do so, though, you have to press
> the little down arrow and then press "Answer".  When the third call
> comes in, it will ring the 2nd line.  I find this to be non-intuitive,
> but I can get used to it.  My receptionists, however, are finding it
> REALLY painful.  I'd just like to make the first call go to line
> appearance 1, the second simultaneous call to go to line appearance 2,
> etc.
>
> Maybe somebody figured out a neat dialplan thing to get this done.  My
> config that doesn't do what I want looks like this:
>
> ; The first line appearance is registered to 18, the second to 1802,
> and the third to 1803
> exten => 18,1,Dial(SIP/18,20)
> exten => 18,2,Voicemail(u18)
> exten => 18,102,Goto(1802,1)
>
> exten => 1802,1,Dial(SIP/1802,20)
> exten => 1802,2,Voicemail(b18)
> exten => 1802,102,Goto(1803,1)
>
> exten => 1803,1,Dial(SIP/1803,20)
> exten => 1803,2,Voicemail(b18)
> exten => 1803,102,Voicemail(b18)
> exten => 1803,103,Hangup
>
> I guess the phone just doesn't register as busy when there is only one
> call on a line.  It has to have two calls on a line appearance to
> register as busy.  Has anyone figured out how to disable this hold
> feature and just have the second call go to the second line, the third
> call to the third line, etc?
>
> Thanks,
> Noah Miller

Hi Noah -

I use the SetGroup function in asterisk to disable call-waiting on
Polycom phones:

[no-callwaiting-out]
exten => _X.,1,SetGroup(${CALLERIDNUM})
exten => _X.,2,Dial(${TRUNK}/${EXTEN:${TRUNKMSD}})
exten => _X.,3,Busy

(Or whatever you have for outgoing calls. Just need to SetGroup here
too, in case your operator is making an outbound call).

[no-callwaiting]
include => default
include => no-callwaiting-out

[default]
exten => 18,1,SetGroup(${EXTEN})
exten => 18,2,CheckGroup(1)
exten => 18,103,Goto(1802,1)
exten => 18,3,Dial(SIP/18,20)
exten => 18,4,Voicemail(u18)
exten => 18,5,Hangup

Then I would do the same for 1802 and 1803 and in sip.conf put 18, 1802
and 1803 in context no-callwaiting.

-Tor.