[Asterisk-Users] Inbound Calls

Me mylist at lightwavetech.com
Thu Jan 6 00:07:53 MST 2005

We will need more info on your setup.

When people call into your Asterisk system what device will they be calling
in on?

Will they call a number provided by a termination/origination provider which
is then fed into your Asterisk server using IAX or SIP?

Will they call a TDM card attached to your Asterisk system that has a PSTN
(copper) phone line plugged into it?

Basically if the call comes in from say an IAX provider then the call starts
in the iax.conf file then you push it to your dial plan in extensions.conf.
If the call comes in through a card installed in your system then the call
starts in the zapata.conf and is pushed into your extensions.conf file to
the context you specify. Once the call is in your extensions.conf file you
tell it what to do next. For example, answer it :) then decide if you will
forward the call to another phone number or extension or maybe send it
directly to voicemail etc.

--
Start Your Own ISP!
http://www.YourOwnISP.com