[Asterisk-Users] voiptalk.org IAX service - user experiences

Bill Seddon bill.seddon at lyquidity.com
Wed Jan 5 14:47:03 MST 2005

Paul wrote:

<<Having all sorts of nightmares getting IAX working from voiptalk.org>>

Originally I did too but it was all my fault.  We have been using VoIP Talk
for about 3 months and have no complaints.

Getting outbound IAX (from PBX to PSTN via VoIPTalk) is straight forward the
guide on their web site is accurate.  Provided you have bought IAX credits
you should be able to use IAX successfully.

To receive calls via IAX you must have a number (either a free 0870 number
or a paid for geographical).  You must also ask VoIPTalk support to add the
IP address of your * server to the telephone number.  This IP address can be
the address of your gateway if you are using NAT.

Bill Seddon