[Asterisk-Users] Re: lcdproc and asterisk

Matt Riddell matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Wed Jan 5 13:54:24 MST 2005

Corvin wrote:
> Matt Riddell wrote:
>

>>Corvin wrote:
>>
>>>Hi!
>>>
>>>I would like to use lcdproc and asterisk.
>>>Any hints or links? Maybe someone
>>>has experience in such matter. I am working
>>>on such solution. I've heard of SAPBX.
>>>Thanks for any help.
>>
>>Hi,  I was working with someone on this until my BB Forum fell over.
>>Drop me a line if you need any help/have any questions regarding this.
> Hi,
>
> This is my first da on this project. I haven't it stared. Now I am preparing
> LCD and some documentation.
>
> So *any* help hint, program highly appreciate :).
>
> Corvin

Sorry, I don't have a program for Linux any more - I could have another
one up and running in a few days.

So, recommendations:  Get a cheap hd4480 controller based LCD, wire it
up using the WinAMP wiring plan (pretty simply, but soldering can be a
bit messy).   Install lcdD (the server), set it up for winamp
wiring/buttons - if you have them.  Write an AGI script to send
information to the LCD (we were working on AstLCDd - a simple wrapper
for voicemail info etc, but would maybe do it differently now).

You haven't actually mentioned what you hope to achieve... :-)

Are you wanting stats/voicemail etc, or do you want the buttons to
perform various actions on your server I.E. reload, change IP address etc.

It's probably best if we take this off-list as it is only minimally
associated with Asterisk, and the first things you will have to do will
be dealing solely with LCDproc (just send me an email to
astlcd at sineapps.com)

Also, a note to the guy in Europe who I was working on AstLCDd with -
drop me an email and I will set up a new forum - it seems more and more
people are interested in this.

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell