[Asterisk-Users] ISDN/SS7 book?

Storer, Darren darren.storer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 10:58:28 MST 2005

Hi Roy,

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 15:56:39 +0100, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk
<roy at karlsbakk.net> wrote:

> I was told the book "ISDN and SS7: Architectures for
> Digital Signaling Networks" by Uyless Black (ISBN 0132591936) was a
> good choice, but this seems sold out. Does anyone know about another
> book about the subject?

For a book on SS7/VoIP only, "Signaling System #7" by Travis Russell
is good (ISBN 0071361197) but for a good overview of the whole TDM
telephone network including SS7, R2 and ISDN, I recommend "Signaling
in Telecommunication Networks" by John G. van Bosse (ISBN
0-471-57377-9).

The Travis Russell book can be found very cheaply on eBay:

http://tinyurl.com/3zd87

HTH

Darren
--