[Asterisk-Users] Polycom Buddy Feature

Matt Gibson gibson at experthost.com
Wed Jan 5 10:29:58 MST 2005

Jon Radon wrote:
> I think you need to subscribe to the context where exten 200 exists.
> I'm not sure if it'll work with an arbitrary context.  You may also
> want to try sending the hint to just one phone.  I'm not 100% on the
> format for sending the hint to multiple phones.

Just a little bit I got from our Polycom reseller - Maybe this makes
sense. Anyone have any contacts at Polycom so we can get them to change
this? :)

-----

Hi Matt,

	I have checked the Polycom Admin Manual and did not see any hard
limit for the buddy list.  The manual mentioned that it will add entries
to the buddy list when they are added to the contact list.  The only thing
I could think of that limits the number to 7 is that it corresponds to the
number of lines available for the IP500.  It would make sense that you are
only allowed to monitor 7 since the phone can only handle 6 calls max.

--
Matt Gibson
VOIP Administrator