[Asterisk-Users] Digium T100P T1 Card

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Wed Jan 5 09:40:18 MST 2005

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, Wiley Siler wrote:

> So, I need to learn more about voice T1s?  Reeally?  That would be why I
> am posting to the user group in the first place.  To learn more.  The
> wiki says nothing about how PRI works because it is expected that
> someone will know.  Well, I didn't.  Had to ask.  After cruising ebay
> for 30 minutes looking at routers and reading the tech spec on the
> T100P, I figured out the very same thing regarding the fact that no
> router was needed.

[snip]

> However, was there that much need for the criticism and arrogance in
> your reply?  Wouldn't it just be esier not to reply at all than start
> off with a complaint about my HTML formatting, go to a critique of how I
> formatted my 4 sentence email (paragraph for 4 sentences?), and finish
> up by pointing out that I don't know much about voice T1s?

Normally I can be quite critical of the sometimes brusque replies on this
list but the reply Steven sent was filled with information. He started out
by saying that he found your email hard to read and the reasons why. He
then stated that you have a lot to learn about T1/isdn pri which is
probably true. This is a complex subject and if you are not familiar with
it it may be a good idea to hire a consultant who is.

This list is really not meant as a general educational tool for digital
telecom. There are such resources elsewhere on the net. Once you have done
your homework and is more knowledgeable on the topics of telecommunications
you are in a better position to ask questions regarding Asterisk. At that
point you will probably receive a lot more help from the members of this
list.

Peter