[Asterisk-Users] Last callers script?

Roger Gulbranson roger at gulbranson.com
Wed Jan 5 09:32:08 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 11:00, Mike Dent wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there some script which can be called from a * extension to
> playback the recent incoming
> callers on a particular PSTN line?
>
> In the UK 1471 is a BT number which plays back the most recent callers
> number, it also
> gives you the option to call this number back (now charging you for
> this service too!).
>
> Is there anything similar in asterisk-land?

I have an AGI script (a modified version of calleridnamelookup.agi)
that, among other things, stores the channel and callerid in a mysql
DB.  The AGI is called from within my IVR processing on all the inbound
channels.  I happen to use this for a web page that displays the most
recent 20 calls.

Writing an AGI script to take a channel and find the last inbound
callerid should be an easy thing to do (once you have the data).

No doubt there are other ways to achieve the same result.  DBget/DBput
could be used, for example.