[Asterisk-Users] chan_cornet

richard Coco coco_richard at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 5 06:56:04 MST 2005

Hello Steffen,

hey it sounds very good...!!! but what do you mean with *new hipath version doesn't support H.323 anymore*? What version are you talking about? As far as i know the new version of HiPath4000 V2.0 still supports H.323 (STMI2).

Steffen Koepf <taxman-ml at opaya.de> wrote:
Hello,

> I dont know if Steffen's chan_cornet is working. I emailed him, but with no result.

You are not patient enough ;)
You got an answer one minute ago ;)

No it is not ready, it is work in progress.
At the moment i'm forced to get a Asterisk->SMS Gateway working here,
with our old PBX, but i hope it works soon so that i can proceed with
chan_cornet. At the moment, Optipoint 400 and 600s can register to
the chan_cornet, and one can call them so that they ring. There is some
little work to be done, to get the voice working (a bit H.323 stuff),
and with a little editor (for entering the numbers, the phone can't
handle this), the Phone2PBX part should work. And then the next goal
is the PBX2PBX stuff.

That newer HiPath PBXs are worse, coz Siemens dropped the H.323-Support,
that means they do not support one standard voip protocol. They said
that they will support SIP in the future, but they say this for more
than a year now. That means, one can connect now that PBXs with TDM-Lines
(S2M, BRI) or to another cornet-ip supporting device like IPDAs (smaller
siemens pbxs that connect to a main PBX) or PBXs and hopefully, chan_cornet
sometime ;).

cu,

Steffen

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: