[Asterisk-Users] New asterisk installation but no audible voicemail prompts?

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Wed Jan 5 04:41:23 MST 2005

Hi List!

I installed Asterisk 1.0.3 stable on a RHEL rebuild. Due to problems with
* modules refusing to build I replaced the RHEL kernel with stock 2.6.10.

Asterisk seems to be working but when I dial voicemail I hear nothing.
When I hangup I see a message on the console that the calller did not
specify a mailbox number so I guess voicemail app is working.

The phone(Grandstream BT100) is connected directly to the * server so it's
not any NAT or firewall trouble (no firewall installed).

Any ideas?  Which kernel options are required for Asterisk to function
properly. Any recommendations on that?

Several options do come to mind like, also to prevent timing problems
like:
- HPET Timer Support (CONFIG_HPET_TIMER)
- Provide RTC interrupt (CONFIG_HPET_EMULATE_RTC)
- Preemptible Kernel (CONFIG_PREEMPT)
   (even though the info in kernel describes this for desktop)
- Message Signaled Interrupts (MSI and MSI-X) (CONFIG_PCI_MSI)
- Enhanced Real Time Clock Support (CONFIG_RTC)
- HPET - High Precision Event Timer (CONFIG_HPET)

For general Astrisk with ISDN operation:
Is telephony support and ISDN support in the kernel required?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Remco