[Asterisk-Users] Kirk SIP-DECT gateway

B. Vallet - www.acropolistelecom.net vallet at acropolistelecom.net
Wed Jan 5 03:46:20 MST 2005

We have SIP-DECT gateways in Pci:
http://shop.acropolistelecom.net/product_info.php?products_id=30&language=en
or PCMCIA cards :
http://shop.acropolistelecom.net/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=11&produc
ts_id=29

Regards

Benoit

-----Message d'origine-----
De : asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] De la part de Remco Barende
Envoyé : mercredi 5 janvier 2005 11:29
À : jordi.nelissen at escaux.com; Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial
Discussion
Objet : Re: [Asterisk-Users] Kirk SIP-DECT gateway

I already did testing with the unit you are talking about and the
status is that it is NOT working.

Search the list on IP600 and asterisk.

In brief:
Their Skinny implementation makes the IP600 wait for an extra signal and
refuses to ring any handset without it. The 'original' Cisco 7940 (which
it emulates) doesn't require this signal. If you use chan_sccp the phones
will not register (don't know why yet) and Jan Czmok was't sure if this
extra signal (STATION_CALLINFO) is in chan_sccp anyway. Outgoing calls
work but soundlevel is too low.

H323 : Works for incoming and outgoing calls but none of the call features
(hold, transfer etc.) work. This is too little funcitionaly to say that it
works.

If have had extensive contact about these issues with Kirk support. At the
moment the units are very interesting but useless with *.

The only thing we can do is keep asking for support to all the Kirk
offices in every country or to keep enquiring their sales. I can provide
tcpdumps, logs etc. if anyone is interested.

I haven't heard anything about SIP support, I have it will be in the next
firmware release for the IP600.

Cheers!
Remco

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, E s c a u x - Jordi Nelissen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just got some interesting information from Kirk Telecom
> (www.kirktelecom.com). This company has been in the business of providing
> DECT solutions (IP gateway, base stations, repeaters and handsets) either
> be used with Cisco CallManager (SCCP protocol) or with the Innovaphone IP
> PBX system (H.323).
>
> Two important elements:
>
> 1. It seems they foresee a SIP version of their product in Q1 2005.
> 2. They are open to perform integration tests with asterisk, provided
there
> is sufficient business potential.
>
> In order to convince them about the business potential of an asterisk
> integration, I would like to ask you to drop me an email stating the
number
> of DECT installations and associated DECT phones you might be able to sell
> in 2005, provided the Kirk solution proved to interoperate with asterisk
> (either H323 or SIP).
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jordi
> --