[Asterisk-Users] Call(out) routing

steve at daviesfam.org steve at daviesfam.org
Wed Jan 5 01:31:40 MST 2005

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, Altus Snyman wrote:

> Good day all
> I had a look at the extensions.conf sorting
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+config+extensions.conf+sorting
>
> What I'm trying to do is route all my cellphone number threw a  channel
> and all other calls threw the other 3 channels
> Cellphone numbers are 10 number,i.o.w XXXXXXXXXX.
> This is what I tried but it doesn't seem to work,please help
> Thanks
> Altus
> extensions.conf

Hi Altus,

You;ve done your includes exactly backwards.  The "most generic" pattern
must be included at the bottom of the pile, as it were.

In other wrds

[dialout-telkom]
exten => _0.,1,Dial(telkom...)

[dialout]
include => dialout-telkom
exten => _0[78]2.,1,Dial(vodacom....)
exten => _0[78]3.,1,Dial(mtn....)
etc

The reason is that Asterisk only follows the include links when it can't
find a match in the current context.

Regards,
Steve Davies
Connection-Telecom CC