[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 (IAXy) and DTMF Question

Brent Goran brent at netmeme.org
Tue Jan 4 15:22:11 MST 2005

In my particular configuration, by the time the IAXy gets DTMF, it's
"just audio" (e.g. not out-of-band in any way). The SIP modems play the
audio of DTMF quite nicely, while the IAXy plays it quite warby, thus my
DTMF-driven application (which is plugged into the IAXy) can't decode
them.

Are there codec settings in the IAXy which might do a better job of
"rendering" DTMF as audio?

Thank you,

Brent