[Asterisk-Users] Just saw your [Asterisk] xJack Segfault in Asterisk

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Tue Jan 4 15:05:15 MST 2005

Steven Critchfield wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 13:28 -0500, Brian Capouch wrote:
>
>>Christopher L. Wade wrote:
>>
>>>Sorry list - this was meant to go off list.
>>>

>>That's OK, the list is set up that way on purpose.  It makes people's
>>lives more exciting to see other embarrassed that way by their
>>inadvertent posts.
>

> Well, more importantly it encourages community building by keeping
> conversations on topic and on list instead of going off list and not
> contributing to the communal knowledge.

I'm a broken record in this regards, sorry.

My browser allows me to "Reply" or "Reply All," and I think a list is
*broken* when both buttons cause the same thing to happen, which is to
send the mail back to the list always.

That seems like a particularly egregious sort of thing on a list with as
much traffic as this one has; taking things off the list that don't
belong there is of course still doable, but the disincentive is steep
since the intuitive way of doing it is *intentionally* broken.

MHO, of course, which I already know is in the minority.

B.