[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk stops - why ?

Matt Riddell matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Tue Jan 4 14:24:19 MST 2005

hhandresen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sometimes my asterisk server stops. (after a day or two)
>
> Last output from CLI is:
>
> --------------------------------
>
>   -- Registered SIP '000b82017eb7' at 213.237.12.125 port 11620 expires 120
>     -- Channel 0/26, span 1 got hangup
>     -- Hungup 'Zap/26-1'
> voip1*CLI>
> Disconnected from Asterisk server
> Executing last minute cleanups
> Asterisk cleanly ending (0).
>
> --------------------------------
>
> I had tried both asterisk stable, 1.0.3 and several CVS-versions.
>
> Any clue how to solve this provblem ?
>
> By the way, if I do a 'restart now', asterisk only stops and doesn't
> start again.
>
> /HH

Seems pretty strange.  Do you get any debug messages?

Anyway in the meantime, make sure you are using safe_asterisk to start
asterisk with (it will restart the server if anything goes wrong).  You
also have to bear in mind that this will kick off the console (you will
have to type asterisk -vvvgrcddd to restart the console - the g in that
line means dump core if anything goes wrong.  Assuming you are running
with safe_asterisk, the core file will be dropped into /tmp.  You can
then do a backtrace on this with gdb (there is more info on how to do
this on the wiki).

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell