[Asterisk-Users] TE410P card in an HP-Compaq DL380 G4 server

steve at daviesfam.org steve at daviesfam.org
Tue Jan 4 13:12:23 MST 2005

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 steve at daviesfam.org wrote:

> Has anyone had success using a TE410P card in an HP-Compaq DL380 G4
> server?

Thanks for all the postings on this thread.

I have a new and completely untested theory - the G4 has the option of a
non-hotplug or a hotplug PCI riser cage.  My new theory is that my
problems with the TE410P have something to do with hotplug.

Now I don't know what riser cage my customer ordered, but I see it has two
slots with "quick release clips" holding the cards in, one with a screw.
So just maybe the quick-release implies hotplug.

I don't know much about PCI-Hotplug, but there's an option in the kernel
config about having a Compaq PCI Hotplug controller.  Do I have one of
those?...

I see some irq related stuff in the source of the compaq hotplug driver in
the kernel - so perhaps I'm not loading that, or it doesn't work on the
DL380 G4 right...

Maybe even if I don't have the hotplug riser I still need this driver...

Steve