[Asterisk-Users] DID and Callback - Questions!!!

Paul Rodan asterisk at glitch.cc
Tue Jan 4 11:07:24 MST 2005

You mean can User 1 just pickup the phone and call User2 with just dialing 1
number? Seems easy enough, In asterisk1:

exten => 123456789,1,Dial(IAX2/userid at asterisk2/123456789)

Then in Asterisk2:
exten => 123456789,1,Dial(ZAP/g1/987654321)

Now whenever somebody calls 123456789 and it goes into Asterisk1, it sends
it via IAX2 to Asterisk2. Asterisk2 see's the incoming request and sends it
out it's Zap (E1) channel. So now it's a straight through process. I have a
local number here in South Florida, USA that dials into my Asterisk server,
then IAX2 to an Asterisk server in Australia, and then out their PSTN to my
uncles house. So now I can call him at his home with my cell phone, without
having a VOIP phone directly.