[Asterisk-Users] SPA-3000 as FXO Gateway for * (Was: Qs aboutFXO/FXS cards)

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Mon Jan 3 23:56:14 MST 2005

Voxilla.com has a great config wizard for the SPA-3000 and *
http://voxilla.com/spa3kasterisk.php

I took the output from this wizard and dumped it on my test box with an
SPA 3000 (with some mods to match my * contexts) and everything worked
great.

Calls from the PSTN to the spa3000 are routed to dialplan #8 on the
spa3000, which dials *

Both the FXO and FXS port register with *

The SPA3000 is set up as a SIP peer in * with auth for outbound calls to
the PSTN.

Pretty cool for $100, a FXO and a FXS  for *

You need to play with the PSTN answer delay to eliminate extra rings on
the caller side, but still allow the SPA3000 to pick up caller ID.