[Asterisk-Users] phones with two ethernet ports

Mitchel Constantin mitcheloc at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 21:43:45 MST 2005

I just wanted to point out something cool about the hub in the Cisco
7940 and 7960 (maybe others too). With the older SIP versions of the
phones when you would restart them they would disconnect the
workstation while they were rebooting, the newer SIP image on them
uses a "Universal Boot Loader" that runs the image it downloads ontop
of itself and thus can unload and reload it without restarting the
phone and losing power to the workstation. This is very minor but
somewhat annoying when your using your laptop plugged into the second
port so you can use the lan connection to debug the phone.

Mitchel