[Asterisk-Users] TE410P - Normal activity ?

Scott Stingel scott at evtmedia.com
Mon Jan 3 07:15:50 MST 2005

Rich Adamson wrote:

>>Is it normal for the following to occur hourly on an E1 PRI ?
>>
>>    -- B-channel 0/1 successfully restarted on span 1
>>    -- B-channel 0/2 successfully restarted on span 1
>>    -- B-channel 0/3 successfully restarted on span 1
>>    -- B-channel 0/4 successfully restarted on span 1
>>    -- B-channel 0/5 successfully restarted on span 1
>>    -- B-channel 0/6 successfully restarted on span 1
>>    -- B-channel 0/7 successfully restarted on span 1
>>    -- B-channel 0/8 successfully restarted on span 1
>>    -- B-channel 0/9 successfully restarted on span 1
>>    -- B-channel 0/10 successfully restarted on span 1
>>

>Yes, that is normal. However, if any calls are in progress when
>this happens, the calls are not dropped or impacted.
>
>Not sure why the restart code was added, but it was some time ago
>(maybe up to a year ago). I'd have to guess that it was added to
>address an issue back then and probably really isn't needed any
>more (but that is a 'guess').

>.

In extremely loaded PRI systems, asterisk suffers from the occasional
"stuck" channel, usually following a bunch of frame re-tries.  This
restart code usually is able to clear the channel, allowing it to accept
new incoming calls, so it's been a great thing to have!

Regards
Scott Stingel

_www.evtmedia.com

_