[Asterisk-Users] Cisco Phones

Matt Riddell matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Mon Jan 3 17:48:42 MST 2005

Garrett Smith wrote:
> I wouldn't consider it an advertisement. There was no price, etc. I was
> simply telling those that ordered from me previously I have more. It is
> easier to send one email to 100's, then 100's of emails. If you do not want
> to save money, nor want the rest of your fellow members to have the
> opportunity to, I can stop. Fortunately, there is enough interest in these
> phones coming from the non-business discussion list to warrant a small email
> alerting everyone to a great deal. I believe great pricing from supplier has
> been brought to everyone's attention numerous times in the past...

OK, so just to confirm.  It's now acceptable to send spam to the users
list as long as you don't include a price and as long as you make some
money from them?

I will restate my previous opinion.  The user's list is for users who
have problems/questions/open source software releases.

The -biz list is for _business_.  If you believe that this is not
business (I.E. no money will change hands with the transaction), then
could I please have all 500 phones for $0.00.  I assume there will also
be no shipping charge.

I did not sign up for the -users list for opt-in spam.  I joined the
-biz list for that.

If people are allowed to begin posting commercial notices to the
"Non-Commercial Discussion" then I believe it will get out of hand
pretty quickly.

Do not make any more excuses for spamming the users list.  They will
fall on dead ears or worse, end up with you being removed from the
user's list.

Oh and by the way - we sell those phones at 1/10th of your price.

:-)

JK.

One last note: if you were indeed "telling those that ordered from me
previously I have more." then I would not have received your email.
Instead, it seems you are incapable of forming your own customer mailing
list and so decided that because there are so many on the asterisk-users
list you would simply use that instead.

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell