[Asterisk-Users] phones with two ethernet ports

Harry McGregor hmcgregor at espri.arizona.edu
Mon Jan 3 14:34:19 MST 2005

Personally I would run the two Cat5 runs.

I am in a situation where we "only" have two cat 5 cables into each
office.  Once (if) we start our VOIP deployment we will be using Zultys
4x4 phones with 3 10/100 ports (802.1q capable switch built in) on one
office port, and the other will be for the researcher's "main" desktop
on our gigabit switches.  I would love to be able to connect more
systems at Gig, but putting a small gig switch in each office is cost
prohibitive, and a management nightmare.

Try finding a VOIP Phone that does gigabit... Won't happen for a while.
Cable is cheap when you look at the cost of running the cable.  If you
use two boxes, it will take virtually the same amount of time to run two
as it does to run one.

			Harry