[Asterisk-Users] Re: PSTN to VoIP FXO gateways?

Bob Knight bk at minusw.com
Mon Jan 3 12:02:04 MST 2005

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 07:50:28 -0700
> From: "Damon Estep" <damon at suburbanbroadband.net>
> Subject: [Asterisk-Users] PSTN to VoIP FXO gateways?
> To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
>
> Sure would like to hear experiences using various FXO to VoIP gateways
> with *. It seems that any thread that has anything to do with
> problematic FXO interfaces goes on forever with speculation about
> everything under the sun. Unless there is someone out there with the
> engineering experience to build a better one it is a waste of time, let
> Digium deal with it. If the TDM400P can ever be made 99.99% reliable it
> will be a great product and I will gladly buy them.
>
> Now, what DOES work? Channel banks are a little pricey when you consider
> the need for PRI interfaces to * to use them. The solution seems to be
> inexpensive FXO <> VoIP Media Gateways, but there are only a few out
> there and fewer reports of using them with *. If you use one please
> share your experience!

mediatrix 1204.
rock solid.
I have deployed several of these units and have never had to touch
any of them.  They just keep running.

I would strongly suggest getting mbrowse running so you can do your
initial set up and config via linux. This took longer than the
initial mediatrix config.

You can also crank up it's syslog to debug level to 5 if you run into
any problems.  This was helpful for me when I was first playing around
with them.

--

sipura 3k
this unit has been pretty solid, but I must admit I still do not

There are folks that are running their own code on this unit.
It would be nice if someone would come out with an IAX version.

--
Bob Knight
[-w] the work option
bk at minusw.com