[Asterisk-Users] Qs about FXO/FXS cards

Walt Reed asterisk at linuxguy.com
Mon Jan 3 10:48:43 MST 2005

On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 12:27:56PM -0500, Andrew Kohlsmith said:
> My Panasonic 900MHz cordless phone plays silly bugger with the TDM400P card
> all the time.  For whatever reason it either draws far too much power or just
> plain does not like the TDM430P.  My Aastra 390 and a couple other "regular"
> phones seem to work just fine, but that cordless phone will crackle and
> sputter for the first 10s or so of the call, at which point it quiets down
> and behaves itself.

It's interesting - in addition to my own experiences, I have heard Many
stories about Panasonic cordless phones acting strange / causing
problems on all sorts of phone systems - not just asterisk. Enough so,
that I tell people to avoid them.

It would be interesting to see exactly what they do to the line that
makes them more problematic that other brands.