[Asterisk-Users] TE410P - Normal activity ?

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Mon Jan 3 10:03:49 MST 2005

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:

> On January 3, 2005 07:53 am, Rich Adamson wrote:
> > Not sure why the restart code was added, but it was some time ago
> > (maybe up to a year ago). I'd have to guess that it was added to
> > address an issue back then and probably really isn't needed any
> > more (but that is a 'guess').
>
> IIRC it was added because some switches got a little flaky when not seeing
> activity on B channels -- IIRC one of the developers saw this kind of
> activity and mimiced it.

One reason for the restart of inactive B channels is to handle the case
where the two endpoints have gotten out of sync. Every hour (or is it
every two hours?) asterisk will do a restart on those channels which it
considers idle at that time.

> It would be nice if it were not at the logging level it's currently at though,
> it should be more of a debug thing, IMO.

There are broken PRI implementations that reset and drop _all_ B channels
and not just the signaled ones. The Panasonic PRI cards for the KX-TD1232
lines for pbx:es for example.

There has been talk abount making the reseting configurable. Our solution
has been to change the interval to 10 years.

Peter