[Asterisk-Users] ISDN Dialout

Stefan Sowa asterisk at postfix.ath.cx
Mon Jan 3 09:09:13 MST 2005

Hi there,

i'm running asterisk with one HFC Card(zaphfc) for NT-Mode and one Fritz
PCI in TE-Mode with the chan_capi driver, connected to mISDN.

The Fritzcard is directly connected to the external ISDN line of the
german telekom. My Telephone is connected to the HFC-Card in NT-Mode.

How can i get the dialtone from the ISDN provider(telekom). I wan't to
dial 0 an get out of the PBX directly, like in other Hardware PBXs. I
don't want to simulate a dialtone with asterisk.

At the moment i have a setup LIKE this(just typed in for this mail and
not tested).

exten => s,1,Wait,1
exten => s,2,Answer
exten => s,3,Playtones(dial);
exten => s,4,DigitTimeout,5
exten => s,5,ResponseTimeout,10

exten => _0XXX.,1,StripMSD,1
exten => _XXX.,2,Dial,CAPI/3231:bBYEXTENSION

But the tone doesn't stop after pressing the first number. I don't know
where to place the stoptones-function.

Summary -> Two Questions:
1) How can i get the dialtone directly from the external line "Amt"?
2) How to make a dialplan with a disappearing Dialtone after pressing a
number?

regards - and a happy new year ;-)
Stefan