[Asterisk-Users] SPA-3000 as FXO Gateway for * (Was: Qs about FXO/FXS cards)

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Mon Jan 3 07:42:07 MST 2005

Thanks Rich,

I have an SPA-3000 laying around, so I will attempt to set it up in a
little more conventional manner (although your method looks like a
winner for a home test PBX). Would you mind posting or PM your current
config to me, maybe screenshots if you PM. If I start with that it will
take less time to get to the point where the SPA-3000 is a true FXO-FXS
gateway for *. I will be happy to post screen shots for others on our
website after I figure it out and test it, assuming it performs well.

The lack of a reliable and inexpensive FXO interface for * rules it out
in one of the largest potential markets, small business PBX systems. The
lack of re-invite proxy capability rules it out for very large
deployments (of course there is SER to help out with those). At least
for us right now our * deployments are limited to SMEs with PRIs for
PSTN interfaces. I hate to rely on eBay goods for deployments, while the
prices are great it always seems I eventually end up paying full pop
because an item fails and there is not eBay inventory or spares on hand.

I have no issues posting configs that I have spent time on, as it seems
they can always be improved by the community and we all benefit.

Damon