[Asterisk-Users] Indications UK - cant get away from american sounding dial tone

Tim Robinson timweb at txrx.org.uk
Mon Jan 3 02:32:35 MST 2005

Andrew
You need to give us a bit more info on your configuration for a
definitive response... However, a lot of SIP devices will emit their own
call progress tones - most will use the US defaults.

Th solution I use is to simply answer the SIP channel before issuing the
DIAL command and you will get Asterisk tones rather than the tones
generated by the SIP device.

e.g. for UK national calls,

exten => _0[1-8]XXXXXXXXX,1,Answer
exten => _0[1-8]XXXXXXXXX,2,Dial(IAX2/USENAME/${EXTEN},60,t)
exten => _0[1-8]XXXXXXXXX,3,Congestion
exten => _0[1-8]XXXXXXXXX,103,Busy

Hope this is of assistance
Rgds