[Asterisk-Users] Qs about FXO/FXS cards

Victor Rini victor-rini at comcast.net
Sun Jan 2 16:49:58 MST 2005

Jim Van Meggelen wrote:
> Frankly, what is most interesting is the fact that your systems are
> trouble-free. Certainly if you were to ask if such systems could be put
> into production, you would probably be advised not to expect much.

One last thing. I have a somewhat special PSTN connection. I subscribe
to comcast digital phone which is dial-tone through the cable tv
network! Every installation includes an APC unit that is plugged into
the subcriber's power to maintain dial-tone in case of a power outage
but I'd also venture that the subscriber's power is tapped to drive
ringing as well. Isn't that convenient? Instead of the cable company
paying the electric utility for driving ring voltage you the subscriber
do that directly.