[Asterisk-Users] chan-sccp problem, phone is not registering

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Sun Jan 2 11:05:20 MST 2005

Afraid not (yet). I contacted the maintainer of chan_sccp (Jan Czmok) and
I sent him 2 tcpdump files one with the skinny and succesfull registration
and the other with chan_sccp.

This was just before x-mas though and I haven't received a reply yet,
probably due to the holidays.

The IP600 will register when using skinny that is built-in in asterisk and
you can place outgoing calls. Incoming calls is a different story however.
It will not work because the Kirk IP600 is waiting for a signal
(STATION_CALLINFO) and it will refise to pass the call to the handset if
this is missing.

You can see the call coming in but it just times out on the ip600 waiting
for STATION_CALLINFO. The IP600 emulate a Cisco 7940 phone and it seems
that the original Cisco does ring without this STATION_CALLINFO.

Kirk support replied to me that they may consider changing this behaviour
if there is demand from the market from it. Please contact Kirk support
too with this request from your end too. Please also contact the company
you bought the IP600 from requesting the same.

I now have a pile of (very expensive) useless equipment.

The ip600 does seem to work in H323 mode but you cannot transfer calls.
(And looking through the wiki you have to do 100,000 things to set-up
H323, the worst being the gatekeeper installation it seems.)

If you have any luck getting it to work with chan_sccp please let me know.

Pozdrav iz Amsterdam!