[Asterisk-Users] Dialling 9 for an outside line

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 08:54:44 MST 2005

You can do something like this:
[directdial]
ignorepat => 9
exten => 9,1,Dial(Zap/1/)
this will give the channel 1 on zap, it justs gives you the Dial tone
on it and then you can dial.
or you can do this:
[localdial]
ignorepat => 9
exten => _9NXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/1/w${EXTEN:1})
this will dial the seven digits entered by the caller on zap channel 1
while droping the 9, and waiting half a second before starting to dial
(needed for the dial tone).