[Asterisk-Users] Sound Card Buzzing

Gary Ruddock (Swift Drinks) garyruddock at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 2 04:56:44 MST 2005

I have installed asterisk on a server and everything is fine. I get asterisk
to play a sound when a call arrives.

However

If I switch off the server, when it boots I get an annoying very loud buzz
from the speakers.

So I switch off. Remove the PCI sound card. Enable the on board sounds card
in the bios. Switch on. Asterisk boots fine. Use sndconfig to install the
onboard sound card and everything is fine again.

Unitil the next reboot. Then I have to disable the onboard sound card in
bios. boot up. close down. install pci sound card. boot up. asterisk is
fine. then use sndconfig again.

I am stuck in a cyle of installing and uninstalling sound cards every time I
reboot this machine.

I am guessing it has something to do with irq, modprobes and asterisk but i
don't have a clue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!