[Asterisk-Users] Qs about FXO/FXS cards

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Sat Jan 1 18:22:03 MST 2005

Rich,

I have been wondering if the spa 3000 would make a good PSTN interface
for an * box where POTS is the only available (or practical) service.
Have you implemented this? Are there any limitations or known issues?
The SPA2000 sure seems to work well as an ATA, even had good luck with
fax over IP using g.711 and the fax detection in zaptel and the SPA
(turns off echo cancel dynamically when the CNG tone is heard I
believe).

Can you use the FXS and FXO ports at the same time, for two separate
calls via * ?

The SPA 3000 is small enough that a half dozen of them would be
manageable, any more than that and your are usually in the T1 price
range for service anyways.

Thanks,

Damon

<snip>