[Asterisk-Users] Is asterisk that unstable ????

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Sat Jan 1 14:01:30 MST 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-01 at 14:06 -0500, James wrote:
> > I've seen something with the X101P that lead me to think so: I have two
> > cards and two lines. I also own a small UPS that happend to have a jack
> > for a phone line, to act as a "power cleaner" and I've put the line that
> > goes to one of these cards there.
>
> Surge arrestors used for POTS lines aren't the same as used for digital
> circuit. I'm not surprised you had trouble.

There was no mention of digital circuits other than the opinion that a
digital line would have a more controlled voltage supply than the analog
lines. The surge arrestor he used was on a analog line.

I have wondered a bit as well as it has been mentioned before about
telcos performing some form of test occasionally usually late at night
that would trip up various analog equipment. While I doubt the test
would account for many of the problems, it illustrates the multitude of
potential variables