[Asterisk-Users] Qs about FXO/FXS cards

Nabeel Jafferali nabeel at jafferali.net
Sat Jan 1 13:52:50 MST 2005

Hello.

I am going to be putting together my first * system using FXO/FXS
interfaces. All the systems I have set up thus far have been pure VoIP
setups.

The system I need to set up should have 3 FXO interfaces and 1 FXS
interface, as well as several SIP phones. I have noticed people
complaining about Digium's TDM cards - are these isolated incidents or
are these cards unreliable? I intend to get the TDM400P with the
necessary FXO/FXS boards - can I expect the installation to be somewhat
straightforward? Any tips to avoid grief?

Would it make more sense to get 3 cheap X100P's and use some kind of ATA
for the FXS? Will obviously save a whole bunch of money, but will there
be significant added complexity?

--
Nabeel Jafferali
tel: 416.491.9136 (toronto)