[Asterisk-Users] Help with AGI script calleridnamelookup.agi

Steven Frazier lists at futuresync.com
Sat Jan 1 01:28:26 MST 2005

I was trying to install and make the calleridnamelookup.agi work with my
installation of asterisk.

I am not familiar with perl or agi scripts.  I would like to know if anyone
has gotten the calleridnamelookup.agi  to work with a similar installation:

I am running Fedora Core 3

2.6.9-1.681_FC3

I have perl installed:

perl-5.8.5-9
perl-DBI-1.40-5
perl-Filter-1.30-6
perl-DBD-MySQL-2.9003-5

My configuration only consists of a Digium FXO Card, Sipura, and a couple of
phones.

I am running asterisk:

Asterisk CVS-HEAD-12/29/04-21:13:06

I have installed the asterisk perl package, which includes the AGI script
calleridnamelookup.agi.
I made the directory: /var/spool/asterisk/calleridlookups

I am calling the agi script in extensions.conf:

   exten => 6145551212,1,AGI,calleridnamelookup.agi
   exten => 6145551212,2,Dial(SIP/5810,15,r)
   exten => 6145551212,3,Hangup

I get:

    -- Launched AGI Script /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/calleridnamelookup.agi
    -- AGI Script calleridnamelookup.agi completed, returning 0
    -- Executing Dial("SIP/5810|15|r") in new stack
    -- Called 5810

Nothing shows up in

/var/spool/asterisk/calleridlookups

I am not sure what else I need to do and I am not exactly sure what the
outcome is to be?  A file containing all callerid, callername info in a file
in /var/spool/asterisk/calleridlookups?

TIA