[Asterisk-Users] strange CDR problem

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 20:23:43 MST 2005

I'm using all sip, no zap, or iax, so I don't know if the same problem
exists when using zap, or iax.
When device 1 calls device 2, and device 2 blind transfers to device
3, the following happens:
The cdr record shows that 1 called 3, and ignores completly the fact
that 1 called 2 and 2 called 3. In normal billing I think that the
duration of the entire call should be billed to device 1 (even the
duration of the transfer), and the duration from the start of the
transfer should be billed to device 2 as well. Of course the billing
for device 1 should only be done on the rate to device 2. but the
billing to device 2 should be done on the rate to device 3, but this
has to do with rating.

When device 1 calls device 2 and device 1 transfers device 2 to device 3:
The cdr record shows 2 records, 1 that device 1 called device 2, and
the duration is till the transfer, and 2 that device 2 called device
3. This is inaccurate, since device 2 never called device 3. The
billing in this case should be done that for the duration of device 1
to device 2 as one record (so when rating is done, the rating is
accurate). The second record should show that device 1 made a call
from 1 to 3, so rating can be done according to that.

When device 1 calls device 2 and device 2 transfers 1 to conference
room 900. and then joins the conference, by dialing 900 again:
The cdr will show:
1. Device 1 calling 900
2. Device 2 calling 900
Record 1 shoud record the duration as being live to device 2 (on that
rating) until device 1s' channel gets killed.
Record 2 should show 2 records for using 900 for device 2, and none
for device 1.

When device 1 calls device 2, and device 1 transfers to conference
room 900. and then hangs up and dials 900 again, the cdr will show:
1. Device 1 calling device 2.
2. Device 2 calling 900, and billable seconds will be 0.
3. Device 1 calling 900
Record one should show device 1 calling device 2, and the billable
duration should be as long as device 2s' channel doesn't get killed.
Record 2 should show device 1, calling 900, and the billable durations
should be as long as 900 is connected with device 2.
Record 3 is accurate.

Am I wrong in my assumptions? Is there any configs that can change
this? or is this a bug?