[Asterisk-Users] Re: Strange text on Asterisk console

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Mon Feb 28 15:27:29 MST 2005

In article <4223961E.4020207 at krisk.org>,
Kristian Kielhofner <kris at krisk.org> wrote:
> Howard Lowndes wrote:

> >>	Why are you using FC1 when FC3 is out?  Better yet, why are you using
> >>FCx at all?
> >

> > Why not?  What are you, some sort of Debian nut?
>
> I should have known better than to post the second part of my comment.

s/the second part of //

HTH

> However, getting back to my point, why was the OP using a version of a
> distro that had been twice obsoleted with the release of new versions?
> He says that he just set it up, and I was wondering if he thought that
> it might be better than FC2 or FC3 for some reason.

If you must know, not that it's relevant to my question, I was building
the box to the same standard as others I have in the field, using a
known configuration for minimum risk (i.e. the cost of time when
discovering differences) and kernel 2.4.

Evaluating FC3 is on my to-do-soon list, and I won't ship it in
production boxes until I've had time to try it out with no pressure.

OK?

Tony
--
Tony Mountifield