[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream and VLANs

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Mon Feb 28 15:24:34 MST 2005

Colin Anderson wrote:
> Somewhere along the way, you should get enough information to make a
> deduction about what the GS is doing. It wouldn't suprise me if GS's VLANing
> is poopoo; everything about these phones seems to be "sacrifice quality at
> all cost". My users hate them. HTH.

Colin,

	Like many things, you get what you pay for.  $59.95 and you expect the
phone to have the features of a Cisco 7960 - bug free?  If its too good
to be true, it probably is...  Plus, most of the time Grandstream gets
their act together and either removes a feature or finally gets it to
work in later firmware revisions.

	The phones probably work fine as regular SIP phones, and for $59.95
their nearest competitor is the Sipura 841 at around $90.

--
Kristian Kielhofner