[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Behind NAT

rudolfl at optusnet.com.au rudolfl at optusnet.com.au
Mon Feb 28 14:50:42 MST 2005

Hi,

I am working on exact same problem now and open to any suggestions.

So far I :
1. Made my NAT device to forward port 5060 to Asterisk server.
2. Added line 'nat=yes' to the sip.conf for the user that is on outside.

At the moment, outside phone registers with Asterisk, but I can only place calls in
one direction and when cal is established, no sound path exist. Asterisk tries to
talk to the remote phone using its local IP address and this does not work.

Let us know if you get anywhere and I will keep you posted too.
Rudolf