[Asterisk-Users] Newbie---Inquiring.

jglong3 at att.net jglong3 at att.net
Mon Feb 28 14:19:33 MST 2005

Hello and thanks for your advise, time, and help!!! :) :)

Digium itemizes the following Linux type systems for use with Asterisk and TDM
cards:

    Red Hat 8.0+  or Fedora
    Debian (2.4 or greater)
    Gentoo

I was a user of BellLabs Unix a long time ago (~1985), but I consider myself now
as a newbie. From what I have read it appears over these years Linux has evolved
and is generally the same type Op Sys with the major idea being the GNU concept.
For the few utilities I can remember in Unix that I see in the above
documentation of Linux, they are described the same as I can remember in the
BellLabs Unix.

As a result I would think that any of the offerings of Linux above would be
suitable for a newbie to pick up where the Unix System was left. Plus, as these
relate to the Digium "Linux Distributions Supported".

Is this reasonably close to the concept of Linux?

Thanks for any comments, your help, and time!!!

Jerry

Move to folder:
 INBOX SentMail ssh_erdelynet Trash

Message: 1 of 316  < Previous  |  Next >