[Asterisk-Users] Strange text on Asterisk console

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Mon Feb 28 14:18:31 MST 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 20:58:48 +0000 (UTC), Tony Mountifield wrote
> I've just set up a new box with FC1+updates and the latest Stable
> Asterisk from CVS.
>
> Asterisk is started with the default safe_asterisk script with a
> console on TTY9.
>
> The coloured text on this console is made up of weird characters
> instead of normal. Please see http://www.softins.co.uk/dsc00018.jpg
> for an example.
>
> If I do "asterisk -rvvvvv" on a normal login, either via the console
> or an xterm, the text appears correctly.

     For some reason it appears that the program is using Cyrilic characters.
 You should see if the init.d script you are using to start Asterisk is
changing the default font set from ISO-8859-1 to -5 or something else.  Maybe
when you installed Fedora you checked that you wanted support for Russian.

--
Carlos Chavez
Director de Tecnología