[Asterisk-Users] Manager "Message: Originate failed" beinggenerated when callee does not pick up

Thomas Miller thomasamiller at rocketmail.com
Mon Feb 28 11:33:10 MST 2005

Thanks for your help. From what you said it looks like
I should not use Originate, but there is no
alternative to the "Originate" action  if I just want
to make an outgoing call is there?

This is what my code is sending to the Manager API:

clientSocket.Send(Encoding.ASCII.GetBytes("Action:
Originate\r\nChannel: " + asteriskVoipChannel + "/" +
PhoneNumber +  "\r\nContext: justring\r\nCallerID: " +
callerId + "\r\nExtension: justring\r\nPriority:
1\r\n\r\nAction: Logoff\r\nActionId: 1\r\n\r\n"));

Here is the extension:

[justring]
exten =>
_1XXXXXXXXXX,1,DIAL(IAX2/username at provider/${EXTEN},10,S(0))
exten => _1XXXXXXXXXX,2,Hangup
exten => s,1,Hangup

How do I use the Manager API to place an outgoing call
and reliably get a status code indicating the the call
was placed successfully?