[Asterisk-Users] Introducing the Asterisk Realtime Architecture -ARA

Jim Van Meggelen jim at vanmeggelen.ca
Sun Feb 27 10:36:24 MST 2005

asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote:
> I've added an introduction article about the ARA on my web
> site http://www.voip-forum.com/
>
> The same text is now also added to CVS head as
> README.realtime. On the same site, you will also find the
> news item about how we used
> Asterisk for a call from an airline jet above Greenland to Stockholm,
> Sweden. The world is getting smaller and more connected every day!
>
> /Olle

Instead of ARA, how about naming it AURA - the Asterisk Unified Realtime
Architecture.

The English word Aura also conjures up great imagery:
[from m-w.com]
Main Entry: au·ra
Pronunciation: 'or-&
Function: noun
1 b : a distinctive atmosphere surrounding a given source <the place had
an aura of mystery>
2 : a luminous radiation : NIMBUS
4 : an energy field that is held to emanate from a living being
[/m-w]

The term RealTime conjures up images of RTOSes, not flexible database
interaction.

Giving it a friendly, easy to remember name would help to avoid
confusion for newbies (and oldbies, for that matter).

Cheers,

Jim.