[Asterisk-Users] Re: SIP NOTIFY in stable branch?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Sun Feb 27 07:58:36 MST 2005

In article <A842467212C1DC43A5D34E1C63C80C7401557363 at acxexch1.accxx.com>,
Clay Reiche <creiche at accxx.com> wrote:
> I didn't realize that the stable branch was never added to... So it will
> NEVER have any more features than it currently has???

That is true for the 1.0 stable branch. But it doesn't mean there will
never be another stable branch!

As I understand it, there will at some point be a feature freeze on the
CVS HEAD (1.1?), to concentrate on just bug fixes with the aim of making
it into a 1.2 release, which will be the root of a new stable branch.
After that point the 1.2 stable branch will only gain bug fixes, not new
features, while new features will again be added to CVS HEAD (1.3?).

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers
Tony
--