[Asterisk-Users] FRS & *: an actual business use

Mark Phillips kc2eni at nyc-ares.org
Sun Feb 27 03:06:27 MST 2005

I see that to be fraught with problems.

Speaking as a radio ham, I find that non radio savvy folks have little
appreciation of the unique "problems" surrounding radio users.

Sure you'll be able to connect up your phone patch device to a
conference (radio<>phone patch<>SIP ATA) but your radio users will never
get a word in. For all the time that your conference users are talking
the "base station" radio will be transmitting and thus shut out the
radio users.

One solution for this could be to use a full duplex radio system. You'd
use 2 radio's and radio channels (much like a repeater). This way if
your radio users need to comment on something they can key up on the
other channel. Problem here is that FRS radio's don't have this ability
and radio's that do are not cheap!

Mark