[Asterisk-Users] Wierd asterisk-perl compilation problem

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Sat Feb 26 16:50:40 MST 2005

On Sat, Feb 26, 2005 at 11:24:33PM -0600, David Carroll wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-02-26 at 23:19 -0600, David Carroll wrote:
> > I am running a fully updated Fedora Core 3 server, and installed a
> > pretty thin system, and have just installed packages as needed.
> >
> > My problem is that I am trying to get asterisk-perl installed, but it
> > keeps segmentation faulting on me.  I know a little python but perl
> > baffles me.
> >
> > # perl Makefile.PL
> > Segmentation fault
> > ==========Strace============
>
> Oops, accidentally hit send instead of attach :).
>
> I'm attaching the strace and the env outputs to see if that helps
> someone figure out what I have going on wrong.  Asterisk is up and going
> great, I just can't seem to figure out what package I'm missing, or what
> is broken by the output.
>

> USER=root
> PATH=/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/share/java/bin:/usr/lib/jre/bin:/root/bin

There are many directories on your PATH. Strangely, though, there is no
matching LD_LIBRARY_PATH . What are the directories in /etc/ld.so.conf ?

Anyway, I'd try to pack this package using cpanflute (is it still in
/usr/lib/rpm ?) to get an rpm of that perl module. This is something
that could be run as a normal user and does not require running that
code as root.

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | New signature for new address and  |  VIM is
http://tzafrir.org.il | new homepage                       | a Mutt's