[Asterisk-Users] Dial out through Broadvoice

John Millican john at millican.us
Sat Feb 26 14:45:13 MST 2005

On Saturday February 26 2005 4:30 pm, Chris Ford wrote:
> I tried to call you number to see what I would get and you have a verizon
> Voice messaging service.

if you called the 6037862111 that is a voicemail number tyhat i was calling to
test knowing it would not be busy and would not bother anyone.

> Make sure you have your iax set up right in the Iax.conf and your outbaound
> registering string going back out.
> I have mine set up that I dial 6 to get out on my broadvoice line and 9 to
> get out on my voice pulse line.
I am not using IAX at all.  Did not think broadvoice supported it, am I wrong?

 More Comments at BOTTOM

> >> Hello all,
> >> When I call the Broadvoice number all is good.
> >> When I try to call out through DISA on my broadvoice line i get the
> >
> > following:
> >> Executing Dial("SIP/147.135.0.129-0815bc60",
> >> "SIP/16037862111 at proxy.bos.broadvoice.com|30") in new stack
> >>     -- Called 16037862111 at proxy.bos.broadvoice.com
> >>     -- Got SIP response 480 "Temporarily Not Available" back from
> >> 147.135.16.128
> >>     -- SIP/proxy.bos.broadvoice.com-3493 is circuit-busy
> >>   == Everyone is busy/congested at this time
> >>     -- Executing Busy("SIP/147.135.0.129-0815bc60", "") in new stack
> >>   == Spawn extension (outgoing, 16037862111, 102) exited non-zero on
> >> 'SIP/147.135.0.129-0815bc60'
> >>
> >> Is this as simple as it seems?  Broadvoice is circut busy?  Can any
> >
> > one think
> >
> >> of any other reason I might get this message?  Or do I just need to
> >
> > call
> >
> >> BroadVoice and complain? I have tried two different proxy's (ip's in
> >> /etc/hosts) and get the same error.
> >>
> >> in extensions.conf:
> >> [outgoing]
> >> exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX, 1, dial(SIP/${EXTEN}
> >
> > @proxy.bos.broadvoice.com,30) ;
> >
> >> exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX, 2, congestion() ; No answer, nothing
> >> exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX, 102, busy() ; Busy
> >>
> >> in sip.conf:
> >> [general]
> >> context=default ; Default context for incoming
> >
> > calls
> >
> >> port=5060 ; UDP Port to bind to (SIP standard
> >
> > port is 5060)
> >
> >> bindaddr=192.168.123.100 ; IP address to bind to
> >
> > (0.0.0.0 binds to all)
> >
> >> srvlookup=yes ; Enable DNS SRV lookups on outbound

> [...]
Added insecure=very and same message

> > see if that helps.  if not, try a standard registration string instead
> > of the one broadvoice tells you to use.
> >
> > Also - make sure you're using the password they sent you in an email -
> > not the one you used when you signed up on their website.
Registration seems to work and shows as registered when i run sip show
registry.