[Asterisk-Users] Seting up for afirst time -- can not call

Race Vanderdecken asteriskusers at codetyrant.com
Sat Feb 26 13:16:58 MST 2005

Okay,

About the secret, comment out the line. You do have to set the secret in
the phone. So when the INVITE is exchanged Asterisk will ask the phone
for the secret, no secret, no connection.

I don't have a polycom phone so that is about all I can help with.

Oh yeah, you need a context [from-sip]

[from-sip]
exten => 101,1,Dial,(SIP/polycom_sp300_ext101)
exten => 102,1,Dial,(SIP/polycom_sp300_ext102)

As far as I know when the calls come into asterisk via SIP asterisk
checks the [from-sip context] be default.

Remember that Asterisk is first a PBX, then a VoIP/SIP Server. SIP is
sort of step-child status in Asterisk.

Race "The Tyrant" Vanderdecken.